Compeed Cold Sore Patch 15
COMPEED® Invisible Cold Sore Patch delivers up to 12 hours of continuous treatment to heal fast and significantly reduce scabbing compared to anti-viral creams. And, because it acts like a virus shield , the patch reduces the risk of contamination from the cold sore.
It heals your cold sore at a comparable speed to acyclovir 5% cream, helping you get back to your unstoppable best - and fast!
In a clinical study involving 174 subjects 25% of the subjects had a wear time of 12 hours or more. Individual experiences may vary.
The patch acts like a virus shield to reduce risk of contamination from the cold sore.
Karlsmark T, Goodman JJ, Drouault Y, Lufrano L, Pledger GW. Randomized clinical study comparing COMPEED® cold sore patch to acyclovir cream
5% in the treatment of herpes simplex labialis. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2008; 22 (10): 1184-1193.
How to use
How to use COMPEED® Invisible Cold Sore patch
- You can use the cold sore patch at any stage of an outbreak. However, it is best to apply at the first sign of an outbreak - usually a tingling or itching sensation.
- Wash your hands before and after applying the COMPEED® cold sore patch.
- COMPEED® cold sore patches should be used 24 hours a day until the sore is healed*.
- A patch will naturally detach after approximately 8 hours and should then be replaced with a new one.
- Don't remove the patch because you want the sore to 'breathe'. This is actually counter-productive and can lengthen the healing* process. Keeping the patch on is clinically proven to ensure the optimal healing* environment is maintained.
- * healing of the cold sore lesion
How it works
COMPEED® Invisible Cold Sore treatment is the original invisible healing patch for cold sores. Its Hydrocolloid-075 technology is an active gel that acts like a second skin. It seals your cold sore to accelerate your body's natural healing mechanism.
COMPEED® Cold Sore treatment:
- * provides up to 12 hours non-stop action from Day 1 - to heal fast.
- The patch acts like a virus shield to reduce risk of contamination from the cold sore.
- Each invisible patch creates an optimal healing environment and stays in place for up to 12 hours.
- For best results start using when you first feel a tingle and continue using a patch day and night throughout the outbreak until the lesion is fully healed.
* In a clinical study involving 174 subjects 25% of the subjects had a wear time of 12 hours or more. Individual experiences may vary.
** The patch acts like a virus shield to reduce risk of contamination from the cold sore.